Pages

Friday 5 June 2020

The Tragic Story of Pompeii

The day Vesuvius Erupted  


Instructions:
This is your last trip out of the Time Machine and it has transported you back to 79AD (Over 2000 years ago) in Mount Vesuvius.  


Your home is near Mt Vesuvius - What were you doing, thinking and
feeling when you saw the ash cloud suddenly appear?


Complete the diary entry to describe what happened the day the volcano began to erupt.




Start Writing below:




Dear Diary, 
What an unforgettable day!  I was busy collecting water from the well, when the
sun mysteriously disappeared from the sky.


I looked up and saw black smoke rising up covering the daylight sky. This
never happened in Pompeii before but don’t know if it’s good or bad, everyone
was calm and they didn’t seem to care about it. 
It just seemed like a normal day but just a change of weather,
the whole city of Pompeii started to shake wildly and people really afraid
started to run to their homes. The shaking was like an earthquake but worse,
other than the shaking volcanic rocks were getting thrown at the city then I
realised the black smoke, the wild shaking, the volcanic rocks
Mount Vesuvius was Erupting.


I started warning everyone the volcano was erupting and
it’s not safe to stay home. I gathered the whole city of Pompeii
together and to run for their lives Lava was spilling through half of the
city it was very petrifying people thinking they were gonna die and it’s their doom.
Several days passed and the eruption ended.
I was very lucky I was a survivor but Some people who were not,
my lovely city of Pompeii was destroyed. This Tragic incident happened
on August 24th 79 AD this happened a very long time ago and we respect
the souls that have been taken. But I was very lucky or I  would have not lived
to tell this tragic story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.